Aries Blueprint Spring

Jérémie Brébec
Hello,

I am studying the upgrade of a legacy application using Spring DM, and for this, I am interested in the Aries Blueprint Spring component. However, I didn't find any documentation on this function..

- Is this component "Production Ready" ?
- Does it support namespaces like spring-tx (@Transactional) or spring-mvc ?
- Does it support the interface BundleContextAware ? If not, what is the preferred way to replace this api ?

Regards,
Jérémie

Re: Aries Blueprint Spring

Charlie Mordant
Hi Jérémie,

Spring DM is deprecated for long. The actual solution would be aries-blueprint or plain DS.
On the TX aspect, OSGI and tx is also a tricky part: I would recommend aries-txcontrol, which looks to be the up to date technology for the need.

Good luck in your migration!
Regards

--
Charlie Mordant

Full OSGI/EE stack made with Karaf: https://github.com/OsgiliathEnterprise/net.osgiliath.parent

Re: Aries Blueprint Spring

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi

Agree about spring-dm. You can use karaf jta service directly, via annotations or via blueprint.

Regards
JB
Le 7 oct. 2018, à 18:59, Charlie Mordant <[hidden email]> a écrit:
[...]

Guillaume Nodet-2
It's not well documented, but the Aries Blueprint Spring layer is working quite well and supports custom spring namespaces.
Beans defined in a spring xml can be injected with the ApplicationContext as usual spring beans, but I don't think the BundleContextAware interface is supported atm.  Please raise a JIRA issue in the Aries project and I can probably fix it easily.
I would advise doing some tests with your DM bundles and report any problems, I'd be happy to fix them.

Guillaume Nodet

Guillaume Nodet