Aries-RSA - Question regarding bundle start order

Aries-RSA - Question regarding bundle start order

João Assunção
Hello all,

I'm testing RSA with zookeeper and fastbin (1.10.0) and I'm experiencing some issues in regards to the discovery of the remote endpoints.
I have two karaf instances. Instance A runs zookeeper server and instance B that connects to instance A zookeeper. Instance B publishes some remote services.

A lot of times, when I restart instance A, no remotes services from instance B are imported. I noticed that this happens less frequently when fastbin uses a start level below zookeeper discovery. I also experience situations where the remote services are imported but the endpoints command show no endpoints.

Can anyone give me some hints regarding these issues?

Thank you.

Regards,

João Assunção

Mobile: +351 916968984
Phone: +351 211933149

Re: Aries-RSA - Question regarding bundle start order

Christian Schneider
Can you do a quick check if the problem also happens with the tcp transport? I think it should be independent of fastbin.

In general remote services should be independent of the start order of the bundles. So this might be a bug in TopoligyManager or in the zookeeper discovery.

Christian

Hello all,

I'm testing RSA with zookeeper and fastbin (1.10.0) and I'm experiencing some issues in regards to the discovery of the remote endpoints.
I have two karaf instances. Instance A runs zookeeper server and instance B that connects to instance A zookeeper. Instance B publishes some remote services.

A lot of times, when I restart instance A, no remotes services from instance B are imported. I noticed that this happens less frequently when fastbin uses a start level below zookeeper discovery. I also experience situations where the remote services are imported but the endpoints command show no endpoints.

Can anyone give me some hints regarding these issues?

Thank you.

Regards,

João Assunção

Mobile: <a href="tel:+351%20916%20968%20984" value="+351916968984" target="_blank">+351 916968984
Phone: <a href="tel:+351%2021%20193%203149" value="+351211933149" target="_blank">+351 211933149

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist

Re: Aries-RSA - Question regarding bundle start order

João Assunção
Hello Christian,

Yes, it also happens when I use the TCP provider.
For now I will use the bundle start-level as an workaround.
I'm using the zookeeper discovery until I manage to find time to finish an Hazelcast based discovery service. We are experiencing some issues when the zookeeper server is restarted and the client connections get rejected due to mismatched zxids.

Thanks

João Assunção

Mobile: +351 916968984
Phone: +351 211933149