Aries Transaction Control on Karaf 4.2.1

Aries Transaction Control on Karaf 4.2.1

Piero
Hi,

is it possible to have the list of minimum bundles (and versions) required at run time for using EclipseLink JPA with Aries transaction control XA?

I got working that on Karaf 4.2.0 bat now I've got some conflict in 4.2.1.... so I would try to uninstall conflicting bundles and keep just the required ones.

Of course, if anyone have already faced the same problem, any help is welcome, even if this could be more matter fo Karaf forum (I apologize for that).

Thanks in advance

Piero Spinelli

Re: Aries Transaction Control on Karaf 4.2.1

Timothy Ward-2
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. There really aren’t very many bundles that you need!

EclipseLink needs:

mavenBundle("org.eclipse.persistence", "org.eclipse.persistence.jpa", "2.6.0), mavenBundle("org.eclipse.persistence", "org.eclipse.persistence.core", "2.6.0), mavenBundle("org.eclipse.persistence", "org.eclipse.persistence.asm", "2.6.0), mavenBundle("org.eclipse.persistence", "org.eclipse.persistence.antlr", "2.6.0), mavenBundle("org.eclipse.persistence", "org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.jpql", "2.6.0), mavenBundle("org.apache.aries.jpa", "org.apache.aries.jpa.eclipselink.adapter", "2.4.0")

You will also need a transaction control service:

mavenBundle("org.apache.aries.tx-control", "tx-control-service-xa)

A JPA resource provider:

mavenBundle("org.apache.aries.tx-control", "tx-control-provider-jpa-xa)

A JPA Service implementation:

mavenBundle("org.apache.aries.jpa", "org.apache.aries.jpa.container)

The JPA API (with contract)

mavenBundle("org.apache.aries.jpa.javax.persistence", "javax.persistence_2.1)

In addition you will need to have a working DataSourceFactory service for your chosen database, for example:

mavenBundle("com.h2database", "h2)

If you want to have configuration driven resources then you will need Config Admin installed, and that should be everything that you need!

Tim