Aries Util Release

Wouter Bancken
Dear,

ARIES-1612 delivered a major performance improvement in the installation of subsystems. The bugfix has already been merged to trunk and a new Aries Util release would enormously help our day-to-day operations.

Can someone create a new release of Aries Util?

Best regards,
Wouter Bancken

Wouter Bancken

Re: Aries Util Release

Wouter Bancken
That would be great David!

Before releasing, can you double check the release will contain the fix since there was some confusion regarding the util & util-r42 folders in the pull request.

Thanks!

Wouter

David

On 12 October 2016 at 20:46, Wouter Bancken <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear,

ARIES-1612 delivered a major performance improvement in the installation of subsystems. The bugfix has already been merged to trunk and a new Aries Util release would enormously help our day-to-day operations.

Can someone create a new release of Aries Util?

Best regards,
Wouter Bancken

Re: Aries Util Release

Guillaume Nodet-2
It seems the release has been cut already, and the fix is not in the util directory, but, as you said, in the util-r42 directory.
Btw, the util-r42 jar is not even a bundle, is it used at all ?

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Aries Util Release

David Bosschaert
I started to prepare the release, but didn't call it as I was having problems with the signature generation.

I will drop the staging repositories that I have been working with. Once the fix has been put in the correct location we can restart the release.

Cheers,

David

On 13 October 2016 at 09:34, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mmh, actually, the fix seems correct to me.
But if the signature generation failed for you, I'll cut a new release anyway...

[...]

Guillaume,

So it is mainly about the 'util-r43' directory vs the 'util' directory at this level: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/aries/trunk/util/?pathrev=1760753

I don't understand the split and also do not know from which of them you are creating a release. If it is the util-r43 then the change is included, otherwise not?

Tom

Op ma 17 okt. 2016 om 13:14 schreef Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Both are released, and the util bundle includes the util-r42 jar classes.
The util-r42 is not a bundle. I don't recall exactly why it's this way.

[...]

I've staged a release for vote at

Can you check if it works for you ?

[...]

The patch works using the util JAR staged at that location.

Thanks for the help Guillaume! Can you let us know when the release is available in general maven repositories?

Wouter

Interested in joining our team? Have a look at our new jobs here www.aca-it.be/jobs

Wouter Bancken
email [hidden email]
Phone <a href="tel:003211265010" style="color:#666;font-size:12px;text-decoration:none" target="_blank">+32 (0) 11 26 50 10
GSM <a href="tel:0032494256384" style="color:#666;font-size:12px;text-decoration:none" target="_blank">+32 (0) 494 25 63 84
Logo ACA IT-Solutions

ACA IT-Solutions NV
HQ: Herkenrodesingel 8B 2.01 | 3500 Hasselt
T <a href="tel:003211265010" style="color:#666;font-size:12px;text-decoration:none" target="_blank">+32(0)11 26 50 10 | F +32(0)11 26 50 11
www.aca-it.be | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin