[DISCUSS] Retire old modules?

Christian Schneider
I have compiled a list of old modules in Aries that I think we should
retire.
The modules below were not touched for a long time. I propose we move these
to a branch "attic" and remove them from master.
What do you think?

Christian

---
Modules proposed to remove:

- application (5 years)
- eba-maven-plugin (6 years)
- ejb (5 years)
- esa-ant-task (4 years)
- esa-maven-plugin (2 years)
- quiesce (5 years)
- samples (3 years)
- sandbox/samplee (3 years)
- tutorials (3 years)
- web (4 years)

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire old modules?

Grzegorz Grzybek
Hello

Personally I won't miss any of these in trunk ;) Though maybe we should
leave samples (even if not touched for long time)?

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

pt., 18 sty 2019 o 09:40 Christian Schneider <[hidden email]>
napisał(a):

> I have compiled a list of old modules in Aries that I think we should
> retire.
> The modules below were not touched for a long time. I propose we move these
> to a branch "attic" and remove them from master.
> What do you think?
>
> Christian
>
> ---
> Modules proposed to remove:
>
> - application (5 years)
> - eba-maven-plugin (6 years)
> - ejb (5 years)
> - esa-ant-task (4 years)
> - esa-maven-plugin (2 years)
> - quiesce (5 years)
> - samples (3 years)
> - sandbox/samplee (3 years)
> - tutorials (3 years)
> - web (4 years)

> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>
> Computer Scientist
> http://www.adobe.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire old modules?

Dominik Przybysz
+1

Pozdrawiam/Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

pt., 18 sty 2019, 09:51: Grzegorz Grzybek <[hidden email]> napisał(a):

> Hello
>
> Personally I won't miss any of these in trunk ;) Though maybe we should
> leave samples (even if not touched for long time)?
>
> regards
> Grzegorz Grzybek
>
> pt., 18 sty 2019 o 09:40 Christian Schneider <[hidden email]>
> napisał(a):
>
> > I have compiled a list of old modules in Aries that I think we should
> > retire.
> > The modules below were not touched for a long time. I propose we move
> these
> > to a branch "attic" and remove them from master.
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > ---
> > Modules proposed to remove:
> >
> > - application (5 years)
> > - eba-maven-plugin (6 years)
> > - ejb (5 years)
> > - esa-ant-task (4 years)
> > - esa-maven-plugin (2 years)
> > - quiesce (5 years)
> > - samples (3 years)
> > - sandbox/samplee (3 years)
> > - tutorials (3 years)
> > - web (4 years)
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Christian Schneider
> > http://www.liquid-reality.de
> >
> > Computer Scientist
> > http://www.adobe.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire old modules?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1

it makes sense regarding the activity ;)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire old modules?

Raymond Auge
+1

Thanks for doing this Christian. It was on my TODO list :)

(now to fix jenkins builds which have been broken for several months...)

- Ray

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 4:36 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> it makes sense regarding the activity ;)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 18/01/2019 09:40, Christian Schneider wrote:
> > I have compiled a list of old modules in Aries that I think we should
> > retire.
> > The modules below were not touched for a long time. I propose we move
> these
> > to a branch "attic" and remove them from master.
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > ---
> > Modules proposed to remove:
> >
> > - application (5 years)
> > - eba-maven-plugin (6 years)
> > - ejb (5 years)
> > - esa-ant-task (4 years)
> > - esa-maven-plugin (2 years)
> > - quiesce (5 years)
> > - samples (3 years)
> > - sandbox/samplee (3 years)
> > - tutorials (3 years)
> > - web (4 years)
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire old modules?

David Bosschaert
+1 from me.

David

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 at 14:03, Raymond Auge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Thanks for doing this Christian. It was on my TODO list :)
>
> (now to fix jenkins builds which have been broken for several months...)
>
> - Ray
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 4:36 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > it makes sense regarding the activity ;)
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 18/01/2019 09:40, Christian Schneider wrote:
> > > I have compiled a list of old modules in Aries that I think we should
> > > retire.
> > > The modules below were not touched for a long time. I propose we move
> > these
> > > to a branch "attic" and remove them from master.
> > > What do you think?
> > >
> > > Christian
> > >
> > > ---
> > > Modules proposed to remove:
> > >
> > > - application (5 years)
> > > - eba-maven-plugin (6 years)
> > > - ejb (5 years)
> > > - esa-ant-task (4 years)
> > > - esa-maven-plugin (2 years)
> > > - quiesce (5 years)
> > > - samples (3 years)
> > > - sandbox/samplee (3 years)
> > > - tutorials (3 years)
> > > - web (4 years)
> > >

> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com
> >

> --
> *Raymond Augé* <http://www.liferay.com/web/raymond.auge/profile>
>  (@rotty3000)
> Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* <http://www.liferay.com>
>  (@Liferay)
> Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance <http://osgi.org>
> (@OSGiAlliance)

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire old modules?

Christian Schneider
Looks like some of the builds still refer to git-wip-us.apache.org which is
invalid after the migration. I found that it helps to use the gitbox or
github url.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de