Karaf...

Brad Johnson
I realize that Aries isn't the keeper of Karaf but there is more than a little cross-pollination and I'm not on that mailing list.  This is a small but persistent concern.

It really is time for the default logging colors in Karaf to be changed.  They've been atrocious to read for a very long time.  Yes, they can be changed but I'm bouncing from client to client and version to version and it's a hassle and reading burgundy on black is tiring on the eyes and cyan on black isn't much of a step in the right direction.

I'm sure most developers are like I and live in the log files and tail:log constantly.  Something as simple as a modification of the color scheme would go a long way toward make the log files easier to work with.

I'd be willing to say that a color change, any color change, would be better than the defaults.

Re: Karaf...

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Brad,

you can use the --no-color options.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf...

Guillaume Nodet-2
+1, but discussion really should take place on karaf mailing list.
Anyway, please raise a JIRA and provide a patch that we can see your proposal and discuss it.

I realize that Aries isn't the keeper of Karaf but there is more than a little cross-pollination and I'm not on that mailing list.  This is a small but persistent concern.

It really is time for the default logging colors in Karaf to be changed.  They've been atrocious to read for a very long time.  Yes, they can be changed but I'm bouncing from client to client and version to version and it's a hassle and reading burgundy on black is tiring on the eyes and cyan on black isn't much of a step in the right direction.

I'm sure most developers are like I and live in the log files and tail:log constantly.  Something as simple as a modification of the color scheme would go a long way toward make the log files easier to work with.

I'd be willing to say that a color change, any color change, would be better than the defaults.

--
Guillaume Nodet