Re: Is it possible to property placeholders in blueprint configuration file

Re: Is it possible to property placeholders in blueprint configuration file

Ian Robinson
Raj, you won't a description of Blueprint property-placeholders or integration with Config Admin in the OSGi Enterprise spec because that part of the story got de-scoped from OSGi v4.2 and is now being worked now as a post-4.2 RFC. But the Aries Blueprint container already implemented what was in earlier drafts  of the spec (for example see http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-early-draft.pdf)

So yes, the support is there. As far as doc, there's the schema...
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-cm/src/main/resources/org/apache/aries/blueprint/compendium/cm/blueprint-cm.xsd

Ian

On 01/04/2010 19:24, Raj Saini wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Aries and exploring blueprint and successfully wired my services. One of the bean property I use needs a host and port and these values can change during final deployment of the application. I am thinking of using system properties. I have looked around but could not find any documentation to use property placeholders in blueprint xml file.

Is it possible to use properties placeholders in blueprint xml file? Or is there a better way of achieving this? ConfigurationAdmin also crossed my mind but did not explore it yet. Is it possible to use ConfugrationAdmin service with blueprint?

Regards,

Raj

Re: Is it possible to property placeholders in blueprint configuration file

Lin Sun
Hi,

In addition to what Ian has pointed out, the
org.apache.aries.blueprint.sample in our trunk demonstrated this
capability where the sample sets the property key.b to -1 and have the
property value injected to the bean called foo.

Lin

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Ian Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Raj, you won't a description of Blueprint property-placeholders or
> integration with Config Admin in the OSGi Enterprise spec because that part
> of the story got de-scoped from OSGi v4.2 and is now being worked now as a
> post-4.2 RFC. But the Aries Blueprint container already implemented what was
> in earlier drafts  of the spec (for example see
> http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-early-draft.pdf)
>
> So yes, the support is there. As far as doc, there's the schema...
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/trunk/blueprint/blueprint-cm/src/main/resources/org/apache/aries/blueprint/compendium/cm/blueprint-cm.xsd
>
> Ian
>
> On 01/04/2010 19:24, Raj Saini wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Aries and exploring blueprint and successfully wired my
> services. One of the bean property I use needs a host and port and these
> values can change during final deployment of the application. I am thinking
> of using system properties. I have looked around but could not find any
> documentation to use property placeholders in blueprint xml file.
>
> Is it possible to use properties placeholders in blueprint xml file? Or is
> there a better way of achieving this? ConfigurationAdmin also crossed my
> mind but did not explore it yet. Is it possible to use ConfugrationAdmin
> service with blueprint?
>
> Regards,
>
> Raj

Re: Is it possible to property placeholders in blueprint configuration file

Raj Saini
Thanks Ian and Lin. I will look into these.

Regards,

Raj