SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Jens Offenbach
Hallo,
I am currently working on Eclipse Jetty's JDK9 compatibility, which requires ASM 6.x. In order to get the OSGi test cases running, I need a release of Aries SPI Fly that is compatible to ASM 6.x. A pull request has already been created: https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62

Can someone please evaluate the PR and trigger a release when those modifications can be accepted without causing any harm?

Unfortunately, without that release I am completely blocked.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jens

Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

David Bosschaert
Hi Jens,

Thanks for your pull request.

However, the change you are proposing is to add a dependency on ASM 6.0 Alpha. I would suggest waiting such a change to the SPI trunk codebase until ASM 6.0 is properly released.

If you need something like this yourself right now, you should be able to build your own SPI Fly binaries yourself for your own use...

Thanks,

David

On 4 January 2017 at 12:10, Jens Offenbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo,
I am currently working on Eclipse Jetty's JDK9 compatibility, which requires ASM 6.x. In order to get the OSGi test cases running, I need a release of Aries SPI Fly that is compatible to ASM 6.x. A pull request has already been created: https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62

Can someone please evaluate the PR and trigger a release when those modifications can be accepted without causing any harm?

Unfortunately, without that release I am completely blocked.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jens

Aw: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Jens Offenbach
Hi David,
the PR has been updated. Maybe this is a compromise, could you please have a look. SPI Fly stays on ASM 5.x, but allows usage of the ASM 6.x package at runtime.

By having a snapshot release in the Apache Snapshot repository containing this change, we are ablte continue our work on Pax Web 6.1.x and its JDK9 compatibility.

Thanks you very much!

Regards,
Jens

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. Januar 2017 um 13:46 Uhr
Von: "David Bosschaert" <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your pull request.

However, the change you are proposing is to add a dependency on ASM 6.0 Alpha. I would suggest waiting such a change to the SPI trunk codebase until ASM 6.0 is properly released.

If you need something like this yourself right now, you should be able to build your own SPI Fly binaries yourself for your own use...

Thanks,

David

On 4 January 2017 at 12:10, Jens Offenbach <[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]> wrote:Hallo,
I am currently working on Eclipse Jetty's JDK9 compatibility, which requires ASM 6.x. In order to get the OSGi test cases running, I need a release of Aries SPI Fly that is compatible to ASM 6.x. A pull request has already been created: https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62[https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62]

Regards,
Jens

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. Januar 2017 um 13:46 Uhr
Von: "David Bosschaert" <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email]

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your pull request.

However, the change you are proposing is to add a dependency on ASM 6.0 Alpha. I would suggest waiting such a change to the SPI trunk codebase until ASM 6.0 is properly released.

If you need something like this yourself right now, you should be able to build your own SPI Fly binaries yourself for your own use...

Thanks,

David

On 4 January 2017 at 12:10, Jens Offenbach <[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]> wrote:Hallo,
I am currently working on Eclipse Jetty's JDK9 compatibility, which requires ASM 6.x. In order to get the OSGi test cases running, I need a release of Aries SPI Fly that is compatible to ASM 6.x. A pull request has already been created: <a href="https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62[https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62]" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62[https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62]

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Aw: Re: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Jens Offenbach
That looks really got to me.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Jens

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. Januar 2017 um 13:46 Uhr
Von: "David Bosschaert" <[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]>
An: [hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your pull request.

However, the change you are proposing is to add a dependency on ASM 6.0 Alpha. I would suggest waiting such a change to the SPI trunk codebase until ASM 6.0 is properly released.

If you need something like this yourself right now, you should be able to build your own SPI Fly binaries yourself for your own use...

Thanks,

David

On 4 January 2017 at 12:10, Jens Offenbach <[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]][mailto:[hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]]> wrote:Hallo,
I am currently working on Eclipse Jetty's JDK9 compatibility, which requires ASM 6.x. In order to get the OSGi test cases running, I need a release of Aries SPI Fly that is compatible to ASM 6.x. A pull request has already been created: https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62[https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62][https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62[https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62]]

Can someone please evaluate the PR and trigger a release when those modifications can be accepted without causing any harm?

Unfortunately, without that release I am completely blocked.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jens
 --

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Red Hat, Open Source Integration

Email: [hidden email][mailto:[hidden email]]
Web: http://fusesource.com[http://fusesource.com/]
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/[http://gnodet.blogspot.com/]

Re: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

David Bosschaert
Hi Jens,

That sounds good to me. I'll take a look today or tomorrow and aim to start the release process too.

Cheers,

David

Jens