Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

zoe slattery
Hi all

The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against
hosting it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This
vote is on whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or
as an Apache blog.

[] +1 to host at Blogger
[] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)

Thanks, Zoe

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Guillaume Nodet
+0

I don't have any strong opinion, but I'm used to blogger, so I'd lean
toward blogger for its ease of use.
One thing would be to have any Aries committer having karma to blog
obviously (if he asks for that).

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Bertrand Delacretaz
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM, zoe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...This vote is on
> whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or as an Apache
> blog.
>
> [] +1 to host at Blogger
> [X] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)

-Bertrand

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Daniel  Kulp

> [X] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
[hidden email]
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Alasdair Nottingham
+1

Alasdair Nottingham

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Graham Charters
+1 based on ease of use.

2009/10/12 Alasdair Nottingham <[hidden email]>:

> +1
>

> On 12/10/2009, Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> [X] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Mon October 12 2009 2:54:52 pm zoe wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against
>>> hosting it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This
>>> vote is on whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or
>>> as an Apache blog.
>>>
>>> [] +1 to host at Blogger
>>> [X] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>>>
>>> Thanks, Zoe
>>>

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog
>>

> --
> Alasdair Nottingham

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

zoe slattery
+1 from me, obviously :-)

> +1 based on ease of use.
>
> 2009/10/12 Alasdair Nottingham <[hidden email]>:
>
>> +1

>>> Dan

>>> --
>>> Daniel Kulp
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog
>>>

>> --
>> Alasdair Nottingham
>> [hidden email]

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

davidb-2
+0 from me. I don't have a strong preference, as long as its relatively easy
to use and open to all Aries committers.

Best regards,

David Bosschaert

2009/10/12 zoe <[hidden email]>

> Hi all
>
> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against hosting
> it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This vote is on
> whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or as an Apache
> blog.
>
> [] +1 to host at Blogger
> [] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>
> Thanks, Zoe

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Stuart McCulloch
2009/10/13 zoe <[hidden email]>

> Hi all
>
> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against hosting
> it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This vote is on
> whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or as an Apache
> blog.
>
> [] +1 to host at Blogger
> [] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)

+0.5 as I have more experience with Blogger, but I'm not 100% opposed to
using Roller

Cheers, Stuart

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Rick McGuire
+1 Blogger is a very easy to use interface.

zoe wrote:

> Hi all
>
> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against
> hosting it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This
> vote is on whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or
> as an Apache blog.
>
> [] +1 to host at Blogger
> [] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>
> Thanks, Zoe

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

kevan
-1. I'd prefer to see the blogs at blogs.apache.org.

--kevan

On Oct 12, 2009, at 2:54 PM, zoe wrote:

> Hi all
>
> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against
> hosting it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This
> vote is on whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger
> or as an Apache blog.
>
> [] +1 to host at Blogger
> [] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>
> Thanks, Zoe

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Davanum Srinivas
-1

thanks,
dims

On 10/13/2009 08:55 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> -1. I'd prefer to see the blogs at blogs.apache.org.
>
> --kevan
>
> On Oct 12, 2009, at 2:54 PM, zoe wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against
>> hosting it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This
>> vote is on whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or
>> as an Apache blog.
>>
>> [] +1 to host at Blogger
>> [] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>>
>> Thanks, Zoe

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Alan D. Cabrera
-1

Regards,
Alan

On Oct 12, 2009, at 11:54 AM, zoe wrote:

> Hi all
>
> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against
> hosting it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This
> vote is on whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger
> or as an Apache blog.
>
> [] +1 to host at Blogger
> [] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>
> Thanks, Zoe

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Niklas Gustavsson
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM, zoe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against hosting
> it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This vote is on
> whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or as an Apache
> blog.

-1

/niklas

Re: Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Raymond Feng
+0.5 to use Blogger as it seems to generate more hits in Google search :-).

> The subject of having a group blog and the factors for and against
> hosting it at Blogger have been discussed on a separate thread. This
> vote is on whether the community would prefer to host it at Blogger or
> as an Apache blog.
>
> [] +1 to host at Blogger
> [] -1 to host as an Apache blog (Roller)
>
> Thanks, Zoe

Re: [VOTE] Use Blogger to host an Aries project blog

Jeremy Hughes
+1 (after much deliberating about the merits of both)