[VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.11.0 ... take 2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.11.0 ... take 2

Christian Schneider
I had to redo the release as the sources were missing ...

I've staged the release at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1112/

For a list of issues resolved see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARIES/versions/12339614


Release Notes - Aries - Version rsa-1.11.0

** Bug
     * [ARIES-1713] - TopologyManagerExport fails for multiple interfaces
     * [ARIES-1714] - fastbin long running (future) calls sometimes fail

** Improvement
     * [ARIES-1684] - Upgrade ZooKeeper to 3.4.10

Please review and vote

Here is my
+1

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.11.0 ... take 2

David Bosschaert
+1

David

On 29 June 2017 at 13:19, Christian Schneider <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I had to redo the release as the sources were missing ...
>
> I've staged the release at
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1112/
>
> For a list of issues resolved see:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARIES/versions/12339614
>
>
> Release Notes - Aries - Version rsa-1.11.0
>
> ** Bug
>     * [ARIES-1713] - TopologyManagerExport fails for multiple interfaces
>     * [ARIES-1714] - fastbin long running (future) calls sometimes fail
>
> ** Improvement
>     * [ARIES-1684] - Upgrade ZooKeeper to 3.4.10
>
> Please review and vote
>
> Here is my
> +1
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>
> Open Source Architect
> http://www.talend.com
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.11.0 ... take 2

Timothy Ward-2
Hi Christian,

I’m still not seeing source for any of the reactor projects. I would expect to see a source release zip that people can download and build. For example, if you look at the recently released Tx Control 0.0.3 http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/aries/tx-control/tx-control/0.0.3/ then you can see there is a source zip generated which lets you build/test the whole reactor in one go. I’m pretty sure that this is supposed to be generated automatically by the Apache release process - are you releasing using the correct profile?

Regards,

Tim



On 30 Jun 2017, at 08:54, David Bosschaert <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

+1

David

On 29 June 2017 at 13:19, Christian Schneider <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
wrote:

I had to redo the release as the sources were missing ...

I've staged the release at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-1112/

For a list of issues resolved see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARIES/versions/12339614


Release Notes - Aries - Version rsa-1.11.0

** Bug
   * [ARIES-1713] - TopologyManagerExport fails for multiple interfaces
   * [ARIES-1714] - fastbin long running (future) calls sometimes fail

** Improvement
   * [ARIES-1684] - Upgrade ZooKeeper to 3.4.10

Please review and vote

Here is my
+1

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aries Remote Service Admin 1.11.0 ... take 2

Timothy Ward-2
Unless I’m mistaken this isn’t a release for one or two modules, it’s for the entire RSA reactor? I’m not sure how to verify this release if I can’t build it, which is a requirement for a +1 vote (https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval and https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#source-packages).

I’m somewhat concerned that this hasn’t been picked up before in previous releases, and I really do think that it needs to be fixed. Past mistakes aren’t a good justification for doing things incorrectly now.

Tim

On 30 Jun 2017, at 14:59, Christian Schneider <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

You are right but we also did not have this for any of the older releases or Aries RSA.

Christian

On 30.06.2017 15:37, Timothy Ward wrote:
Hi Christian,

I’m still not seeing source for any of the reactor projects. I would expect to see a source release zip that people can download and build. For example, if you look at the recently released Tx Control 0.0.3 http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/aries/tx-control/tx-control/0.0.3/ then you can see there is a source zip generated which lets you build/test the whole reactor in one go. I’m pretty sure that this is supposed to be generated automatically by the Apache release process - are you releasing using the correct profile?

Regards,

Tim

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com


Loading...