[spi-fly] using pure wiring API

Raymond Auge
Hey guys,

It would appear that spi-fly is not purely using the osgi wiring's view of requirements and capabilities as opt-in.

i.e. <hand-waving>if I augment at runtime</hand-waving> the bundles I want to enhance with spi-fly with the proper capabilities it doesn't work.

However, if I attach a fragment to the bundle which adds the requirements it works.

--
Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect Liferay, Inc. (@Liferay)
Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance (@OSGiAlliance)

Re: [spi-fly] using pure wiring API

David Bosschaert
Hi Ray,

This sounds like a bug to me... Could you please file a JIRA with a small test case?

Cheers,

David

On 12 August 2016 at 19:15, Raymond Auge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

It would appear that spi-fly is not purely using the osgi wiring's view of requirements and capabilities as opt-in.

i.e. <hand-waving>if I augment at runtime</hand-waving> the bundles I want to enhance with spi-fly with the proper capabilities it doesn't work.

However, if I attach a fragment to the bundle which adds the requirements it works.

--
Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect Liferay, Inc. (@Liferay)
Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance (@OSGiAlliance)

Re: [spi-fly] using pure wiring API

Raymond Auge
Well, I wouldn't call it a bug so much as an implementation that could be improved.

As for a test case, it would have to be contrived and wouldn't be something you could technically put into the main test suite.

but I'll try to make a change to see if I can improve it.

- Ray